Good Morning and Tuesday. I hope you had a great weekend. My name is Carlos Hernandez and I am back to update you on the latest happening in the Orlando area.
In this issue, you’ll learn about a Full Sail student charged in the U.S. Capitol Hill riot, missing paddleboarder, latest in the race for the seat of Central Florida Rep. Val Demings, a new coffee shop at SeaWorld, and more.
Today’s weather: The high is 89 and the low is 72 with partly cloudy skies.
Here are the top 5 stories happening around Orlando:
1. A Full Sail student charged in the U.S. Capitol Hill riot is expected to be released from jail into home detention. He is accused of hitting a police officer in the head with a skateboard during the riot and faces several felony charges. (WFTV)
2. A missing paddleboarder was found dead in Lake Barton, according to Orange County deputies. (Click Orlando)
3. Civil Rights attorney Ben Crump and George Floyd’s brother Philonise Floyd, have endorsed Natalie Jackson in the race for Rep. Val Demings’ seat in Central Florida. Demings is running for the U.S. Senate in 2022. Jackson is known for working on the George Zimmerman and Travyon Martin case. (Orlando Weekly)
4. Volusia County deputies are investigating after skeletal remains were discovered at Gemini Springs Park on Friday night. (WFTV)
5. There is a new coffee shop near the entrance of SeaWorld called Coaster Coffee Co. The inside includes two operational models of the Kraken and Mako roller coasters. (Orlando Sentinel)
Today in Orlando:
Orlando Patch Notebook:
That’s all for today. I will be back tomorrow with the latest happening in Orlando. My inbox is open if you have any tips to send or want to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About me: I have lived in Florida since 1999 and covered the Orlando area for nearly 10 years, mainly with a focus on food through my blog at CarlosEats.com.
Reviewed By This Is Article About U.S. House Race Update + Full Sail Student + SeaWorld Coffee Shop was posted on have 4 stars rating.